As you check your calendar (and the weather reports) longing for spring, are you looking for something that’s fun and meaningful to do? Something like volunteering and making a positive impact on your community? The 500 Festival Volunteer Program, presented by Citizens Energy Group, is just what you’re looking for! This opportunity is the experience of a lifetime and loaded with endless fun while serving the community.
“I really enjoyed all the upbeat and positive vibes from everyone from the 500 Festival staff to the participants running/walking, it was a totally awesome experience.” said a Mini-Marathon Volunteer. Our past volunteers have really enjoyed their experience at the 500 Festival Volunteer Program and you will, too!
- Make a positive impact on the community
- Enjoy volunteer benefits such as a free t-shirt, access to 500 Festival events, invitation to the 500 Festival’s Volunteer Appreciation Day*
- Networking opportunities
- New friends and long lasting memories
Don’t want to save all the fun for just yourself? The 500 Festival Volunteer Program also offers group volunteering. Group volunteering can be for anyone who might be nervous about volunteering for the first time or maybe for an organization in the community that wants to lend helping hands. The program offers over 100 areas to volunteer for each participant’s interests. Some of these include
- Being a study guide for children as apart of the 500 Festival and Indianapolis 500 Education Program, presented by IU Health.
- Distribute snacks and beverages at the at the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon and the 500 Festival Miler Series, presented by OrthoIndy
- Being an usher at the IPL 500 Festival Parade
The 500 Festival wants you to help make a constructive change in the community and enrich the lives of others. To learn more about the volunteer experience visit our website. Make volunteering part of your May traditions by registering today!
*Volunteers must register by Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. ET to receive an invitation to Volunteer Appreciation Day.